Today it is pouring outside! It is nice and warm in the apartment and I wanted something for breakfast that wasn’t hot, too sweet, or completely savory. I decided to make what I call The “4-Ingredient Lazy French Toast”. This recipe has no eggs or dairy, but you can always modify it to make it a perfect fit for your diet. My “4-Ingredient Lazy French Toast” takes under 5 minutes to assemble and can be modified for an on-the-go kind of morning.
- 1-2 slice(s) of bread
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp – Almond butter (I am using Justin’s Maple Almond Butter , but any nut butter/spread will work.)
- 1 banana
- a pinch of Ground Pumpkin Spice or Ground Cinnamon
Here is how you assemble this dish:
- Toast your slice of bread. While the bread is toasting, cut the banana into 1/2 inch pieces.
- After the bread is toasted and the bananas are cut, spread the almond butter (or nut butter of choice) on the toast.
- Take the banana slices and place them onto the almond butter layer. If you are only using one piece of toast, there will extra banana so you can stack it on top or just eat the extra. *** If you are making an on-the-go breakfast, stacking is probably not the way to go, so I would set the extra aside or eat them as you make breakfast.***
- Lastly, sprinkle the cinnamon or pumpkin spice on top of the banana pieces. *** If you want to make this an on-the-go breakfast, fold the toast in half after sprinkling the pumpkin spice or cinnamon.***
- And that is it! Quick and delicious…Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this lazy rendition of French Toast! Have a wonderful Saturday and I will talk to you all tomorrow for Blogmas Day 11!
All the Best,
This post is not sponsored.