Good Food = Good Mood
Today I am going to share one of my all-time favorite recipes. I call them Coconut-Cranberry Energy Truffles; they are basically a ball of nutritious ingredients, great for on-the-go snacking. Let’s get into this recipe!
Here is what you will need:
- food processor or blender
- a large plate that can be put in the refrigerator
- wax paper
- a tablespoon
15-17 pitted dates
1 cup of almonds or cashews
3-5 tablespoons of cranberry concentrate
3 tablespoons of shredded coconut
2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
**extra shredded coconut or cocoa powder or powdered sugar for step 4
- Prepare the plate with a piece of wax paper on top, and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender add all the ingredients (excpet the **extra) until it forms a giant ball of “dough”. You may have to blend in intervals, and scrape the sides of the blender or processor as you go.
- Next, take a table spoon and scoop out a golf ball sized amount of dough and roll it into a ball, then place it on the wax paper.
- **Once all the dough is gone, take each ball and roll it in the extra shredded coconut. (You can also use powdered sugar or cocoa powder).
- Once you are satisfied will the truffles, put them in the fridge to cool for at least 2 hours. I find that letting them chill over night is best.
- Store in the fridge for about 2 weeks. Enjoy!
This recipe is quick and easy! It is a healthy twist to a traditional chocolate truffle. I hope you all enjoyed this recipe and I will talk to you all tomorrow for Blogmas Day 12!
All the Best,