“Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree…”
The festive season is upon us! It’s that time of year when we visit friends and family with a holiday treat in hand. Sometimes the days escape us and we don’t have much time to bake up a storm.
I took to the world of Pinterest for speedy dessert inspiration. Here is an easy, delicious, quick and eye-catching festive treat that is great for the holiday season:
This is what you will need:
- brownie mix (you can make them from scratch, but if you want to save time a store-bought box will work)
- 9 x 9 baking tin
- small Ziploc bag or piping bag
- wax or parchment paper, to line the baking tin
- powdered sugar
- white chocolate or store-bought icing
- green food coloring
- one pack of Kit Kat or Candy Canes
- assortment of candies or sprinkles for decorating
1 box of brownie mix (make as directed on the box) or a homemade recipe
—Icing— (you can use store-bought icing)
1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
2-5 drops of food coloring
- Bake the brownies according to the box or a recipe of your choice. Let the brownies cool completely, before decorating (around an hour).
- When completely cooled, cut the brownies into triangles as shown:
- Melt white chocolate and green food coloring until creamy.
- Put icing into a piping bag (or a Ziploc bag and cut of the corner).
- Pipe a zig-zag shape down the triangle, from the longest point down to the two shorter points.
- Decorate the tree, and add a piece of Candy Cane or Kit Kat as the tree trunk.
- You can dust some powdered sugar on top of the finished tree to give it a snow-frosted look.
QUICK TIP: If you are on a time-crunch, you can alway bake and cut the brownies the night before and decorate them 15 minutes before leaving.
This dessert is quick and easy, perfect for the rush of the holiday season. I hope you all have an amazing day, and if you make these I would love to see them. Tag me on Instagram @cupofteaforthought or use the hashtag #cupofteaforthought !
Happy Baking and I will talk to you all tomorrow for Blogmas Day 23! 🙂
All the Best,
This post is not sponsored.