Happiness is an inside-job.
Happy February!! I am currently sitting on my couch at home listening to the rain storm that has taken over. Our backyard is half flooded and my dog is freaking out with every rumble of thunder. Despite the winter weather storm, I wanted to share a fun and easy smoothie bowl recipe. It is filled with simple ingredients and will take all of 5 minutes every morning. It is perfect for those grab-and-go kind of days.
Here is what you will need:
(amounts vary according to the bowl size)
- 1/2 cup of milk of your choice (I used toasted coconut almond milk)
- 1 cup of frozen fruits of your choice (I used frozen strawberries, blueberries, and mangoes)
- one banana
- 1 heaped tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of granola (I used Kashi GoLean berry granola)
- 1/8 cup of pumpkin seeds
- a bowl and spoon
- food processor or blender
- Measure out the frozen fruit into the bowl you plan to put your smoothie bowl into and then add half a banana to that.
- Add the frozen fruit and half of a banana to your blender/food processor.
- Add in one heaped tablespoon of almond butter, and 1/2 cup of the milk of your choice. (with the milk add or subtract depending on the size of bowl you choose)
- Blend until smooth, pour into bowl of choice.
- Take the chia seeds, other half of the banana, pumpkin seeds, and granola and place it in columns on top of the smoothie.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe, and I will talk to you all next week! Have a great weekend!
All the Best,